R#26 with the 100g, cci 250 re defines the 243. Barrels will differ in velocity and loads they like. I have seen a 26" barrel get 3200 with amazing accuray.

100g Hornady flat base and the BTSP are fantastic bullets

95g partitions are what we used on large Nebraska bucks at some yardage. I shot several walking to us as I grunted them in at 200-300 yards, with the partition breaking a front shoulder and exiting the rib cage on the opposite side. I used IMR 4831 with Rem 9 /2's at a velocity of 3100.

When we started hunting in Kansas, the 100g Hornady BTSP dumped those 200-260 lb bucks hard at 250-350 yards.

Friend in New Zealand that used to live close to me, says that the 95g SST is all they use on those large deer they have that run 450 lbs, and they do take shots from mountain side to mountain side.

I did try the 85g barnes NON tipped tripple shock on one doe. She was walking away from me, and I shot her sqaure in the butt. She flopped on the spot. When we were skinning her, I found the bullet under the hide about to exit a shoulder!!!

Friend in Tx has killed several truck loads of hogs, deer, and exotics with the 105g Berger hunting vld without any bullet failures at all.

If you hunt in a jungle and like shooting through the shoulders, 95g Partitions will NEVER fail you, even at 20 yards!

Old School, 85g Speer btsp deserves amention, this is NOT a varmint bullet, and expect the same performance on deer as the 95g ballistic tip at less than half the price. The speer does well on hogs. My remingtons like a very hot load of R#19, with a fed 215 primer at 3300 fps.

I was raised shooting deer with 7 remington mags, really hard to tell the difference in how deer die between the 7 RM and the 243, 300 yards and under. Greybull has made some incredible shots with the 243.