I am still using mine at the steeper angle (more like 15 degrees) and it does not seem to be too much. The edge does not roll and the thing stays shaving sharp. I will start killing deer in two months now so pretty soon I will run the blade over the diamond stone again and then polish on a water stone and after that I will just use it on deer gutting, shinning, breaking down into quarters boning out the carcass (Ribs and neck) and then it will be used for boning out the quarters. Once that begins I do not expect to have much to report until it gets dull enough to need to see the diamond stone again. That looks to me like it will take several years at least from the use I have put it through over the summer so far. Nothing seems to bother it. My favorite VG-10 knife with nearly the same geometry took just over two years (nine deer). I intend to compare apples to apples so I will only use it on deer once I start the test. If you want a interim report before I come back at the "end" just email me.