Originally Posted by saddlesore
[quote=WAM]So Saddlesore, how much influence do NR ‘s have over your libtards running the state government and ultimately th CPW Commission? What would you suggest short of a firing squad? Happy Trails

"Very little, unless they all decide to hunt elsewhere,which isn't likely to happen."

It is my opinion that the State may be very surprised to see how many out of state hunters skip the second season, starting next year. The reason I believe this is because the new season dates will now start on a Wednesday and go through a Tuesday. Lets take for an example hunters that live near the east coast all the way to TN. It will be a two day drive to get there and then a seven day hunt with a two day drive back. The same as always. But before, they could leave on Thursday, get there on Friday and then leave on Saturday to be back Sunday night and at work on Monday. That is a seven day vacation. Starting next year, that two day drive, and vacation starts on Monday and then ends on the next Friday, when they get home. Many people only get a two week vacation, so this will mean that those hunters will have to use the entire family vacation time for them to hunt. While many will opt to do that, many more will not. Now, that said, many of those hunters that normally hunt during the second season are going to start hunting during the third. That brings up another point. The third season is now being moved back a week and starting in 2021, this season will start on November 13th. That means the likelihood of snow and sometimes, heavy snow, will make eastern hunters think a long time about hunting in those conditions. They may do it once, but after experiencing a heavy snow that they are not prepared to deal with, I doubt they will come another time.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by ro1459; 07/14/19.