I live in Colorado, so every hunting season I get to exercise my Mile-High Privilege. I enjoy the low costs for tags and that allows me to hunt several species each year. Many years, I have purchased 6 and even 7 tags for different critters. If I had to pay $350-500 for a cow tag, I would probably limit myself to only one tag a year, maybe two. I think there are a lot of Colorado hunters that are the same way. Raising the resident fees would actually hurt hunter turnout, in my opinion.

As for the cost of the non-resident tags, I feel for you. They have risen every year and no end is in sight. Thing is though, regardless of the cost, there never seems to be a shortage of non residents putting in for the seasons. Basic law of supply and demand; Charge as much as the market will bear. If the point ever comes where the cost increase causes a major decrease in non resident applications, then you will see some pull back. If more people would protest the fees by not coming here, the fee structure may change.

JMO

"What's the point of being retired if you can't climb trees and wash your feet in the creek?" - Teal