When I go out I just view the world as if it's an insane asylum and treat the people I encounter accordingly.

I mean,...you're not going to respond to some schizo's rantings if you're in an insane asylum. You're just going to move along and maybe feel a bit of pity for the poor soul.

And,....not every mentally ill person is in an insane asylum. You're going to occasionally encounter them out in the world anywhere.

Hell,....I once worked in a factory where at *least* 10% of the people were certifiable. It was a crazy ass place,...very difficult to cope with. If you had some screws that weren't properly torqued, that place would loosen 'em up.

There were quite a few people there who had "come loose". It was a good idea not to turn your back on some of the more obvious "loose" people. It wouldn't have surprised me a bit if somebody had brought a pump gun into the place and gone off. The dumbazz yankees who managed the place must have assumed that they were immortal.

They would stir up schitt just to do it.

They didn't spend too much time out on the floor and I don't think they fully understood how "loose" some of the employees were.

I was glad to get out of there.

Anyway,....I don't engage in "back and forth" with the mentally ill people out in the world.

I'm too old to fight 'em and I don't need the hassel of shooting them,....so I just leave them alone every chance I get.

There's a hell of a lot more of them out there these days than most people realize.