10% is customary - sad but true since it can rack up some big $$$ on some hunts!

You shouldn't tie an animal to the tip, necessarily. The guide can put in on position, but somethings are out of his control, like weather. Other things like your shooting which he then may have to deal with. for example, I went on a deer/antelope hunt last year. We told the guide shooting from just outside the truck wasn't fun to us, we wanted to do some spot/stalk (second trip with this outfitter and first trip we shot one or two right from the side of the truck). Guide nicely accomondated us on that and we had a blast. We took 6 animals (had doe antelope tags)

On my doe, we got to 265 yards which would be my longest shot. We talked it over and decided good conditions and I would take it. Bullet was off by about 6 inches and rather than entering at the shoulder, it hit the front let at shoulder height. Blood was pouring down, but she was trying to run with the herd. Guide did a GREAT job re-locating her and we trailed them over 90 minutes and got me into position twice for a follow up. First was 300 which I wasn't pshyced about but as he pointed out "you already have a bullet in her, have to try", by the time I got setup she was out of site and off we went again following her. Got to 125 and put her down. He was a man on a mission getting me back on that antelope and luckily I was in shape to keep up and make the final shot. He earned a bit higher tip for that effort.