I do a cull elk hunt on a ranch in New Mexico and usually take the shot off the hood of the truck. I can legally shoot from the truck if I wish as I am legally handicapped and have the proper paperwork that allows it. Not my favorite way to hunt but when it's tough to walk more than 100 yard in only slightly rough terrain one does what one has to do if he wants to hunt. I've done 6 hunts on this ranch and the average tip has been 10 percent of the cost of the hunt. No cooks or wranglers involved. I say average because one guide has received 15 percent tips twice now as the guide only last hunt. One guide, while he got us elk was so unethical that my partner and I decided to give him nothing and let the outfitter know why. He like to drive right into the middle of a herd and expected us to shoot one. My partner got one that was in the clear but if I'd shot mine I'd have killed more than one elk. it was o close I could have just jammed the muzzle into its side and pulled the trigger. The guide chewed me out for not shooting and I told him I was shooting a .35 Whelen with 225 gr. TSX bullets. If I'd shot that elk I'd probably have killed or wounded more than one animal. From what I understand that particular guide got fired after getting a few more complaints about his ethics.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE