Originally Posted by ol_mike
All tipping is BS - the guide/cook/etc. are not my employees .
Pay the outfitter and he pays his people and expects them to do a good job .

When I built or remodeled a house for someone - why didn't the owners or owners to be tip every trade who participated - I wish they'd start then I could pocket more money for myself .

And I totally get this. Problem there is if the good guides don't make extra above and beyond pay, they can't afford to stay and you start getting what I see on the river, guide gets his folks out, and rods, then fishes the whole time for himself. Might be lucky if he nets the clients fish.. me, I basically refuse to fish, though some folks want to see how I do it and I"ll demonstrate, some demand that after they are limited I take my limit and I might but I spend very little time if I can't... and we go on to other things for the duration to have fun, catch and release, sight seeing and such. While other guides suggest, hey you are limited out, want to head in and get an early lunch, or head in for the bar etc... nope and I don't agree with the suggestions.

The folks that don't tip add up, and effect whether I can afford to come back each year.

Though I wish you were right, I wish they would up our fees by 100 plus bucks on each trip, preferably 150 to 200, and then we are making a decent wage and not have to pray that we also get a good tip.

I refuse or do my best to, tips on make a wish trips and on honeymoons or anniversary trips. Just my thing. Sometimes those folks insist though

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....