Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If I was going after a go fast, high hp machine I'd be getting a Hellcat. Standard 717 hp.

Put a Hellcat on the track and the big Mustangs, Cameros and Vettes leave it sucking wind.

I reckon most folks don't take their car to the track.

Mostly true , but you see the marks on guard rails & concrete barriers in sharp corners - those are hellcat marks . smile

Friend of mine and I would take our corvettes and sportbikes out in the country on curvy roads . We had a system we'd take turns going in front [scout position] look around sharp corners with say 45mph sign , front guy would look around corner - if no cars were coming - left turn signal meant you [back 300 yards give/take] could come around the corner using all of the road . Brake light bumps meant - nope a car is coming .
People would be amazed how well a corvette [in good shape] will go around a corner , trick is to zig-zag warming the tires up then come flying in with the antilock brakes giving the tires all they can take . Now tires are hot - get car in right gear = high rpm gear and go through with it to the floorboard power sliding it through the corner with a bit too much throttle .
We've had a few guys/cars [mustangs/camaros/300zx/etc.] fall in with us trying to keep up we'd disappear from all of them , practice makes perfect .

A good book to read ''Limit Driving'' came with a little G-Force meter , we just devised a system unlike theirs between us where you didn't have to stay in your own lane .
Also we had the coverleaf I-110 - I-10 four 360* turns to head you in any direction . The Loops . Drivers side front tire won't last long there btdt .
A friend wanted to go around the loops with me - he bought my previous car , Went towards the first corner he was started yelling slow this mf'r down hanging on - freaked out so bad I slowed down and let him get his wits about him . Then eased up the speed to just a little fast - he said that was plenty for him take him home .
I had High Risk insurance for years .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.