Originally Posted by battue
Corvette: "America's Sports Car"

Someone asked what do you do with it? Well, you can take it shooting....with room left over....

[Linked Image]

Someone mentioned 10mpg? Well, this was combined Turnpike and off turnpike, about 100mile highway, some stop and go stoplight and some gravel road. Which it easily survived....
I guess it should have a Turbo V6 to be more Euro

[Linked Image]

Last 50mile turnpike mpg average, going between 65 and 85mph when traffic opened up.

[Linked Image][

High torgue , lightweight , aerodynamic , very tall gearing , and computer optimised makes them a spectacular car . Great everyday driver too .

I went to visit my Grandparents in Englis , FL. years ago - 93 LT1 6spd. , Lived in biloxi then .
On the way home a Hyundai sonata came by hauling butt - woman w/ radar detector , I rolled up to the same speed and stayed back 200 yards 106-107mph .
When she went off the highway I went off the next exit and filled up . In a bit she came by me again and honked - there we go again sometimes 110-115 , my car in 6th gear just hummed along and seemed to love that speed and RPM .
All the way to biloxi she went off the same exit off I-10 where I lived- then down I-110 into biloxi - then headed up Hwy. 90 - she lived two streets past me - Crazy .
My car sipped gas at those speeds guessing at least 20mpg 'generalisation' 4th gear 1 to 1 ratio , 5th gear 1 to .50 , 6th gear 1 to .25 ratio , that's what mine was .
Corvette Quarterly GM magazine , an engineer wrote if my car had an engine that could redline [6000rpm] 6th gear it would be doing 320MPH , although in 6th gear it started lugging the engine around 135-140 mph .Topped out around 168 mph . - Yes I-10 early sundays dyno runs , ZR-1's add 12-15mph on top .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.