Thanks for sharing this information. As to the primer protrusion, I'm not knowledgeable enough to render a verdict. I, too, have protrusion in a model 99, manued in 1929, model "F". Like you, I don't have my notes with me but with the Graf and Sons ammo put up by Hornady, I believe I'm getting about 0.008". It is rated at 2300fps on the box. My thought on the causes are twofold. I have used a fired case as a lap and covered it with JB bore paste to smooth the chamber and it has helped to reduce the protrusion. Also, using a headspace comparator from Hornady, I find the new PPU brass to measure about 1.405". This is the same brass used by Hornady in the above mentioned factory loads. In handloading new PPU brass with a load of 30.5 gr IMR 4064 under a Speer 170 grainer, headspace measurement grows to about 1.412", about the same increase as the factory loads do. If you fire the same case about three times with the sizing die raised the thickness of a nickle above the shell holder, it will expand to fill my chamber-about 1.421". This reduces protrusion down to about 0.002. I measure the case and then decap and measure again to arrive at these numbers. The only drawings of this shell I've found are in # 46 Lyman and Mr. Ken Waters pet loads collection. Both show a hull to be 1.418" from the back of the rim to a datum line(0.400' in dia). Anytime now, some wise ass is going to chime in and tell us that on a rimmed cartridge, headspace is determined by the rim. They are correct but I don't know the term to use to describe this measurement other than headspace. I don't know if there is a SAAMI drawing of the hull and the chamber or not, but I can't find one. Seems like their chamber drawings give a + to the dimensions for the chamber over the hull. I've just got in a 20 rd sample of new Norma cases and will be trying them with some of the loads I've used in the PPU case to determine if this is case specific. I've measured these new cases and they are about 0.001-0.002" shorter in the "headspace" measurement than are the PPU. Also in checking 30-30 Win brass of recent Manu, I find a similar shortness to the "headspace". I used a 2" #6 or #8 brass screw with the primer hole drilled out to accept the screw insert into the case with a washer and nut, both brass, to secure the screww to the hull. Then put a gentle bend to the screw and coat with JB. Took 3 sesions with this rig to show improvement. Be sure and use a fired case that has expanded to fill the chamber diameter and really set down on the nut and get it farmer tight or you will be wasting your time. Can't recall now what size screw I used. Hope something here helps.