gnoahh, I seldom attempt to change someone's opinion whether I think it to be correct or not. I agree the late Mr Waters was not a god. I don't have god(s). I and many others have and are willing to share God. A complete self tutorial can be found between Genesis 1 and Revelation 22 inclusive if you so desire. Earlier in this thread you suggested I check with John Barsness to confirm one of your opinions. I've previously asked him 2-3 questions and he replied with timely, informative, and friendly answers. This time I saw no need to. He is a favorite gun writer of mine and I've read many of his magazine articles. I bought 1 of his books the summer of 2016 and another, bought 2 weeks ago. They are the BIG BOOK OF GUN GACK and THE BIG BOOK OF GUN GACK II. Both are good reads and full of timely info and hope you have or will obtain both. In the first volume in an article dealing with loading the 264 Win, Mr Barness employs the exact method Mr Waters used during his career to develop loads. My opinion is imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so I think I know the opinion held by Mr. Barsness about Mr Waters. I've not completed Vol II yet, as I've singled out certain topics scattered thru out the book. Saturday pm I was coursing thru it and found, starting around page 90, a section dealing with pressures, brass expansion, and primer protrusion. The next article deals with a rimmed, bottlenecked cartridge and some loads of lower pressure. He too was measuring from a datum line to the the back of the head as an evaluation aid. He also speaks of a very real danger of loading lower pressuure rounds and it is not that of using a slow burning powder to produce a detonation. I suggest you could glean some useful information from these two sections. Of course as you are a student of the gun and having spent a lifetime shooting low pressure rounds you may have ghost written these articles for him. In this world anything is possible. Mr Barsness's wife is also a handloader and author having written a novel, some children's books and several cookbooks. I have one of her cook books as well as the LL Bean cookbook but can not find either a recipe for crow nor humble pie. Bon Appetit

ps--I'm 68+ yrs and have been handloading since Feb of 1972.. My shelves have 42 different set of dies for different calibers as well as several duplicates for different rifles in the same caliber. I have no idea of how many sets I've sold when the arm was traded or sold. I learn something each time I load either for a well known old cartridge or one which is new to me. I'm basically blind in my right eye, not due to a loading accident. Still, no one is as blind as he who will not see.