All solutions in self defense carry both positive and negative consideration. Certainly, I can agree that carrying a gun in pocket holster presents disadvantages when seated. In such seated positions an ankle carry may be a better choice. However, if I am standing at the cash register, pocket carry has advantages over ankle carry since my hand is already in my pocket and on my gun. Clearly, this now beats the ankle holster. Perhaps, we should be sure that anytime we are in a restaurant we are only at the cash register when it gets robbed.

Every fight, including gun fights, are exercises in problem solving first, and then illuminated by skill in executing a considered solution. As Clint Smith has been heard to say, 'you have the rest of your life to solve the problem, how long that is may be determined by the solution'. For me, illuminating the potential problems of a seated draw with a pocket carry is a red herring type of argument. I do not see that anyone has posited the pocket carry for "speed of draw". It has positive attributes when wearing light clothing and the ability to carry and conceal a mid sized firearm. In so doing, negative attributes must be considered and evaluated from this decision.

If we all considered that the most important thing we carry into a problem is our brain, then we can evaluate every problem for the most tactically sound response. My initial thoughts from starting this read was to say I would wear my Remington V3-tactical in a sling under my coat and then place it on my lap as I sat at the diner. I am just hoping that no one wants to discuss what wearing a knee length duster will look like in Texas summer heat.

Interesting discussion though,