What you think I seem to be saying isn’t what I said.

I disagree with your thinking that 8’s will give more clean kills well beyond 30 yards. What is “well” beyond? 35-40-45?

Of course I will shoot what I like.

If you think I meant shooting them coming in for a landing was at 50 yards out, then you were not paying attention. Or making something up to fit your opinion. In fact, I find little enthusiasm for shooting them coming in for a landing at any time or distance.

Every time, I will take a clean miss with 6’s at distance over a feathered cripple with your supposedly tighter pattern of 8”s. Every time. At "well" beyond-again depending on what "well" entails-the heavier shot is also holding its pattern better, than the lighter shot that is slowing down faster and bleeding off to the sides.

And finally, I am quite comfortable shooting a Mod choke for all Dove shooting, close or “well” beyond, and early or late season. I also could live with full. Since you are guessing, what do you think I “seem” to be saying or implying? It is not a hard question, but there are a couple correct answers.

Addition: Pattern density interests me little at most ranges doves are shot. Pointing well does. So you don't have to seemingly guess what I mean: More fail in wing shooting by not pointing well, than having the right choke or pattern density. Chokes are mostly highly overrated, other than at the extreme ends.

Last edited by battue; 08/10/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler