No it doesn’t make them “more”effective. Something you continue to miss. 6’s will always cause more damage, by penetrating more. Which is why with the equally good point, more cripples will result at distance with smaller shot. Even more so with a bad point up close. See how that works.

I mentioned that at anything over 30, I prefer 6’s. I could get by with the smaller at 30 and under, but as mentioned that is always not the case.

Your “observation was, you will run out of pattern with 6’s before you run out of lethality with 8s” Which is BS, because it ignores the extra penetration and energy of heavier shot.
“Ounce for ounce, choke for choke”, again your words,

Of course Digeeed is using the best combination. Which is one of the reasons he is using 5’s and not 7.5 or 8’s 🙄

Additionally: Belatedly, to boost your opinion, you insert more birds are crippled at long range. Which while it may be true, has nothing to do with the best shot size, and everything to do with the shooters skill level, as proven by the video. What’s next?

When it comes to which size shot will cause the most damage, the bigger always wins. In this case facts rule and opinion is little more than opinion.

The smaller works just fine up close. Past 30, I prefer to hit them harder and harder means less Birds flying off crippled.

Last edited by battue; 08/13/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler