Originally Posted by fortymile
Salmonella, I've seen the pictures you have posted; you've harvested more and better quality fish and animals than at least 95 percent of the Campfire I'd say, and that's not an insult to anyone, it's just a testimony to the opportunities that you've taken advantage of. You live in a pretty great area even if it is "behind enemy lines". I live in CA for many of the same reasons you do - mainly because my wife does not want to leave, at least not yet. We came here on a military assignment and I've stayed way too long, but we do have plans to move out within the next 4-5 years. I can't wait. But in the meantime, there is a lot to enjoy here, in the outdoors. The politics suck, many of the people suck, but you have certainly made the most of it. That said, I do hope you get the chance to move to a more agreeable location soon. I grew up in Idaho, and much of it isn't the same as it was then, but it's still a pretty good place to be. Same with most of the mountain west.

Mmmmm thank you man.
I struggle sometimes, but most would love to have what I do.
It's a really weird position to be in.
My wife has supported all of my budget busting hunts and crazy OCD over the top exuberance.
She is beautiful and I would live a lonely life without her, so I live here on this fringe.
Thanks man, your post made my day.

Proud NRA Life Member