Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Salmonella

You now have grown kids and a wife that refuses to leave them because of your political beliefs.
If you divorce the wife and move to your desired free state, the alimony will destroy you and you are crushed financially .
That's why.

I think leaving a place JUST because of your political beliefs is nonsense. Now if said political climate PREVENTS you from exercising your political or anything else, then it is time to go or give in. That said, if your wife threatens divorce as a weapon, I have to tell you, I would have huge issues with that kind of threat. My wife for example, refuses to go to say, Montana because of the extreme weather and the fact she still has a family here in Florida (My folks are gone as of last year, but I also have lots of family in Florida), but let there be no mistake (and a lot of you here either know or know of my wife), if she were to every pull the "D" card because I wanted to move, let's just say it's kinda like combat, in that nobody ever knows how he'll react, but I'm here to tell you, that's one bell that if she chooses to ring, cannot be un-rung...

I have a beautiful loving wife, nobody on this earth will care for me like she does....she has supported my frivolous, budget busting hunting and fishing but....she just absolutely refuses to leave her family and move to a place where she knows no one...it's the line in the sand.

Proud NRA Life Member