My son, Josh, his friend, Kevin, and I ended up hunting from the Mt Prindle campground off the Steese. The day before we investigated 12 Mile Summit but it was an absolute zoo. Probably close to 100 vehicles with ATVs there. With us being backpack only, there was just no way we were going to be able to compete, so went back to the Mt. Prindle campground, which was no ATV access. Opening morning we climbed up and hunted the basin south of the campground. It was pretty busy, apparently pushing out most of the Caribou out of the basin. But by about 2 PM, they started filtering back in. Kevin made the first kill, a small bull. While we were dressing and quartering his bull, another small herd came in from the northeast containing a couple of ok bulls. Josh and I started across the basin to try and intercept them. Josh actually ran across the last 1/2 mile to get in position. Things worked out and Josh shot the largest bull. The rest of the heard circled around behind me and I was able to take the next best bull. Then the work started...

1st Caribou hunt and I enjoyed it immensely. The immensity and grandeur of that country cannot be overstated. Simply magnificent.

Josh and his bull.

[Linked Image]

Me and my bull.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hondo64d; 08/14/19.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14