Originally Posted by Judman
Maybe they should make it archery/muzzleloader only?? I Dunno what’s the big deal about 50 lbs of caribou meat mean when you make more $$ than most, and most folks biitch about caribou meat anyways?? Guess I’m confused?? Btw, I like caribou meat..

Man we need 2 cases of beer and all night night to explain the thought process by fish and game. But I will give you the 2 beer version, up until last year the Steese hwy was off limits except for a youth hunt. Last spring/summer fish and game did survey of the herd it’s was at 70k plus way over carrying capacity. If I remember 50k is there goal. So last yr they moved the opener to August 12 and let the slaughter commence. This year it wasn’t as bad as last year. Far as archery good luck one would have to write a proposal present it to the unit 20 advisory committee. Then if they support it. it goes before the board of game for approval or disapproval. I will tell you now it would fail. I agree caribou is pretty good eating. I love Alaska but we have to many user groups fighting amongst themselves. I also detest anchorage I’m not a fan, so can’t blame you for having a bad taste in your mouth about ak after experiencing anchorage.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.