Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by shaman
3) It cleans up a boundary that his father disputed with me from the day we met. He claimed about 5 acres on the other side of the current boundary and removed the survey stakes that had been placed when we bought the place.

That would piss me off no end and put the kibosh on all co-operation forever...I refuse to deal with thieves.

Normally, I would agree.

Even when his Dad was alive, his son never held to the claim. In fact, he and I went out over a decade ago and I found a couple remaining stakes. He's in construction and brought out a theodolite and between us, we came within 20 yards of each other and decided that we were not going to argue over it. He told his father to STFU. The good news is the father never made a serious move on the property. He died of cancer in 2015, and his son has been doing his best to make up for it.

Part of the reason I'm doing this is to get the boundary to a mutually-beneficial line that offers something for both of us. The original line was completely arbitrary, set when my father and I bought the place. It's just where 200 acres came to. The first time I sat on the front porch, I realized the mistake. There is no zoning, so conceivably they could put up a trailer or a pig lot across the road from me, and I could do nothing. My neighbor gets more woods for deer hunting.

For reasons too complicated to go into, I'm already bound to do this through an attorney. We'll get clear title or it is nogo.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer