Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have what is called a blue line stream running through my farm. The water in it eventually ends up in the Cumberland River, then into the Ohio, into the Mississippi. , then of course into the Gulf of Mexico. Anyway, because it is considered a blue line stream, I was told that I could not do anything that would impede it's flow. It floods a portion of some of my fields in a period of heavy rain, and I was going to do some work on it to prevent that.

I'd check with the Natural Resources people at your local Farm Service Agency before I did anything to a running stream of water.

Luckily this is is not a blue-line. It does not even hold water seasonally. It's currently just a drainage gully that empties into a blue-line stream about 100 yards after it leaves my property. My land touches blue-lines in several places, and yes! I'd play hell trying to do anything along them. As it is, I've been told by the neighbor that all we have to do is stay 40 feet back from the property line when we build the dam. Me? I'd go even further up the flowage before I started digging, but these are all issues to hash out later. For now, I want my neighbor to take me back over all the places he's contacted. I want the same people to tell me the same things before I let someone dig.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer