Originally Posted by 163bc
Looking for recommendations for a tough durable pack that can function as a hunting pack, travel bag, and bug out bag. I’ve chewed up several of the better known standard grade hunting packs so I’m thinking a military grade pack that can do it all might be better. Been looking hard at Mystery Ranch and Kifaru. Thoughts n opinions welcomed. Thanks

I'm going to be negative. You sound like you have high standards / expectations. I don't think you're going to find a pack that meets your expectations for all three uses. I believe you'd be ahead to specialize by finding the pack that works the best for you for each purpose. Even for a single purpose, a hunting pack for instance, finding one that both works GREAT as a day pack while hunting and works GREAT for hauling meat, rather than being a compromise for one or both uses, is pretty challenging. If someone offers a suggestion, it may work well for them but not for other people for those uses. What does "travel bag" mean to you vs what does it mean to me? Bug out .. from what, to where, in what conditions? So I'd figure out what, specifically, each of those uses means to you. What you assume / intend to mean and what I think you mean might be completely, laughably different. Then just find the best for your use. I think you'll be happier specializing that making so many compromises that what you wind up with isn't very functional for anything.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...