Seems this has turned into a discussion of "baiting". I've hunted over a corn feeder, hunted over a food plot and hunted over nothing. I don't see where hunting over a corn feeder does a whole lot. The deer come to it at times. Mostly when it is about to get so dark it is past twilight and you can't really see to shoot. It feeds squirrels, raccoons and I'm sure a lot of other critters. Food plots might feed deer. In the last eight years, I've seen one pair of deer come into a food plot and take a bite or two. Virtually all of the deer I've gotten are traveling from one place to another. I've NEVER seen a situation like you see on the YouTube hunting videos, or the hunting shows, where you sit in a big blind and five or six deer come out into a field while it is light and stay there to feed. '

There are a few in our club that have feeders out. Not sure how much they really rely on them because it is a lot of work and takes a lot of time to maintain them. Where I hunt now is an hour away. Keeping up with a feeder is just not possible and really isn't needed. But, each to their own. By the way, I am in SC.