Originally Posted by boatboy

I think the biggest BS in MI is QDM

OK if you want to wait till you see a xx point great its your hunt
If you someone who comes up from GR and Det and your conscience is good with a 4 pt great
What about the 20 year old that never took a deer and wants to get started and the 4 pt is his option that no good enough
as you mature as a hunter you start to make choices and thats the way it should be

If you want meat in the freezer and this is good for you great
But we have groups that want to tell me that deer is not quality that one isnt either wait till you see this one

Fxxx Off

I am not a trophy hunter and each season I try to keep track of what is in my area and I hunt accordingly

I made the best Venison burgers last night I have no idea if it was a 6 or an 8 or the freezer buck I took last year It was great (it really was)

I dont (and SSB taught me you cant anyway) horde game I take what I think is appropriate depending on what we see getting ready for the season

I want to legally hunt my hunt

Hank

For that reason, I'd rather see them go back to one buck. MI has good genetics but you can't have 300k+ bowhunters and 600k+ firearm hunters two any season bucks and expect older age class bucks. I'd rather to see something like Wisconsin, one per archery, one per firearm.

Originally Posted by saddlering
Also its still legal to bait for the weekend Youth hunt , WHY if Baiting is Bad for the Deer heard go Figure!

Yep. If it's that much of an issue, why is it allowed during that hunt?