Baiting is legal in most of Wisconsin . I have seen how lazy baiting makes hunters. These guys can't get off their bait pile. They just dont know how to hunt anymore. I have a place in northern Wis. There are very few hunters there anymore . There is one party and they bait from opening day of bow season to the end of gun season. If it were not for baiting , they would likely not get any deer. The fathers knew how to hunt but the kids and now the fathers sit over bait. I know enough to have an accurate opinion. It is a lazy unskilled way to harvest a deer. One time I shot a buck and actually felt bad about it so I quit. Now I hunt over trails, areas where I think they bed and feed. I see a few less deer this way and hey dont come in , stand broadside and put their head down so I can shoot. Baiting makes for an easier shot but when I stopped hunting over bait , it was very liberating instead of hunting the same stand, mentally afraid to not hunt there thinking is I dont hunt that bait pile, that is when that buck will come in , and therefore you never leave the bait pile. Now I am a total nomad, I have at least 25 different well thought out stands on 7,000 ac. of public land that gets lots of pressure all bow season but I still see deer. Although this is south east Wisconsin, I like it a lot more , than sitting over bait. Bait also, for the thousandth time, makes deer move less in the daytime . The cams prove it. Nice bucks coming in an hr after close and and at 4AM. , just to see a nubby or some fawns in the daytime cam pics. If we keep bait out of the woods, the deer will move almost all day long like they did 30 yrs ago.

Last edited by ihookem; 09/18/19.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23