We have several deer stands/shooting houses, or however you want to refer to them, here on the farm. The one I hunt out of is a 4X6 house sitting 8 foot off the ground. We have a couple of more that are smaller, one person mostly stands, made to move around. But, as the grandkids are hunting some, and I just like to do more watching than shooting, I've been wanting to build another one.

I keep any kind of leftover building materials that I think I might have some future use for, so I had a lot of metal and wood just waiting for a project. I build this 6X6 house last week, and only had to buy a few 2x4's, some screws, the insulation, and a few other odds and ends. Haven't figured it up yet, but have less than $200 in it. I had a bunch of plexiglass that someone had given me, so the windows didn't cost anything.

I've got it on an old wagon for the time being, but my son want's to put it somewhere permanently on stilts. We'll probably do that eventually. These houses are nice for days when it's raining or cold, as we use the Buddy propane heaters and they are very comfortable. I grew up thinking that unless you got cold and wet, you weren't really hunting. That's just not so.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by JamesJr; 09/21/19.