Mike: Thanks for the info. A good friend of mine has a ranch in W. TX and I helped him quite a bit with ranch work about a decade ago. This included erecting several elevated blinds - one on a 12' stand and 3 or 4 on 6' stands. The blinds were pre-made fiberglass units - pretty nice. on the 12 footer, If I recall correctly (it was a decade ago) I built and then laid the stand on it's side, bolted the blind to the top of the stand and then buried the two legs that were on the ground about 8"-12." I then tied a long, stout rope to the top of he stand, below the blind and the 3 Hondurans I had as a crew lifted the blind end as I pulled it upright with the truck. Pretty harrowing, but it went off without a hitch. We also used cable guy wires to hold it in place at all 4 corners and also one straight down from the middle of the floor of the blind.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue