Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Oldman3
EE, got a question about your box stand. I see that you left shooting window/spaces on all 4 sides and all the way across. Do you camo the stand with brush to minimize being seen in the stand?

Where I live, we have to be careful of the deer, especially old does, busting you, even in a box stand. We usually close in at least 1 wall so we are not sky lined. Brushing helps, but on the taller stands its not practical. Smaller windows and setting in a corner also help.

Just asking, cause I never saw a stand built with those big windows/spaces.

I call those "Boone and Crockett Does"... laugh

Back when I took deer hunting more seriously, I'd been known to shoot chronic snorters and footstamper does... wink

Barry, I know what you mean and have been guilty of the same, but since the kids are gone it's just Rattlesnake and I. We dont need as much venison as before and Rattlesnake has a standing order (not order as in a request- order like in the military) for a couple of tender ones. Two is usually enough for us...... however this year, I'm not hunting horns at all. I got some does that have got to taste like peas and they are my main quarry this year.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21