Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Um. Dead animal = bullet that did not fail. By definition.

Well that's the stupidest thing I've seen all week laugh

Nearly every wounded animal ends up a dead animal EVENTUALLY. That doesn't mean an adequately deep and wide wound was delivered to ensure a humane and timely kill with the animal near the location it was shot and a sizable blood trail to follow if it moves..

A bullet success is a bullet that a) expands and b) has the capability to penetrate the thickness of the animal and exit, including breaking skeletal bones if need be, on a side or quartering shot.

It's entirely possible to have an animal drop quickly from a total bullet failure IF you get lucky. Is you plan to count on luck?

Considering I shot professionally for fifteen years and the one thing I did not want was a projectile exiting the kangaroos head and hitting stock I would suggest you are wrong, and the fifty plus thousand kangaroos I shot would disagree with you also.

In point of fact I have a bunch of 120 grain TTSX for use in my 7x64 on deer and I don't really care if they don't go through the animals, so long as they kill them and allow me to use the meat.

That said, were I to hunt those big bears you have there I would be inclined to go with a M2 and a half dozen belts of link and hope for as much penetration as I could get.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.