So, took a CZ 455 heavy barrel .22LR to the range today and stunk the place up.

Gun has a CZ fluted barrel, laminated thumbhole and the Mr Fly trigger (which is pretty darn good). I put a nice Tasco World Class Plus straight 24X on it. I also made up some targets with different sizes of rings to work with the 1/8 target dot reticle. The target/reticle combo worked very well.

I tried a bunch of ammo at 50 yards, with little success. It was very windy (I had to put rocks on the target stand to stop it from being blown over) and at one point I realized that I needed to retighten my scope rings (they weren't so bad). Best groups were probably in the 5/8 to 1 inch or more range but they often didn't "track" meaning that some shots were consistent with sight placement when the gun was fired, some were not.

So I kept playing with the way I washolding and resting the gun, and was able to make a few groups that did track the way they should. They ran around 3/8 or a bit smaller.

It seems that the gun is very sensitive to even the lightest pressure changes forward of the action, including where the forend is rested and if I put any finger pressure on it.
Ran out of time before I could really prove it but that's where I'm at.

Never had this problem before, and I don't want to start making changes without learning more.

So lets have it - does this sound familiar to anyone, and what are the fixes?

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....