Thanks all

You know, its kinda funny - I did a lot of things that I know aren't the best, but still expected a certain result based on past experience., as in "I've gotten away with it before".

Dumb me.

In this case I took my rare opportunity to go to the range on a day I knew was windy (and it got worse before it got better), and with only a 2 hour window.
Because of the wind I left the good stuff in the ammo bag and used the avaerage stuff.
I only ran a few rounds of each through each gun (I had 2 to try) not letting the lube layer form.
Since my rest wasn't the best I shot with my left hand on the stock, applying whatever light pressure I needed to get on target for each shot.

So, I got what I put into it. Didn't get away with it this time at all.

The good news from this outing -

When I only applied pressure to the pistol grip of the thumbhole rifle, it shot well under MOA even in those conditions (the wind had lessened but was still steady and gusty). Touch or reposition the forend and its over.

I really like the Mr Fly trigger. I don't know if I'd pay the $170+shpg it sells for but I might. Then other rifle has the Yo Dave kit in it and its good but this is much better.

I learned that if I want to have a good day, I'm going to need to take a weekday out of work when the weather is good. It will be $$$, but ill probably do it.

I re-learned that you can't skip the basics. This is the first time ive ever had ring problems on a .22, but they did start to loosen. They are going in the trash, gonna order proper ones today.

I also learned that I'm too old and fat to shoot between my heartbeats anymore. Not sure if ill be able to fix that. Sounds like a lot of lettuce and jogging....

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....