Originally Posted by K22
EDIT: Flyers, inherent in even the best standard grade ammo, make evaluations tough. The two fellow geezers at my range that hold regular "dot-shooting" matches usually use SV, which is very reliable and consistent, but still get flyers on occasion. I think DigitalDan said Euro-stuff is better in that regard.

The quote is worth repeating. I've never had great accuracy luck with CCI SV ammo. Not a slam, just an observation concerning my rimfires rifles. What has been consistent in accuracy for me was RWS, Eley, Wolf, SK, Norma, and some of the old PMC ammo. The one I have always used the most is RWS Subsonic. This has been by go to Squirrel hunting ammo since my discovery in the late 70's and in most of my rimfires it shoots like match ammo. At the current $.05 a round it is hard not to like it.
Having said all that, wind and cheap rings can be an accuracy killer along with action screw torque unless the rifle is pillared and bedded.
Unless your scope has been abused those old Japanese Tasco's were darn good scopes. I assume your 24X model has the AO adjustment and it was set perfectly for the distance you were shooting.
Since CZ's are good shooters,[except the one I "had"], you can temporarily eliminate that from the list.

The target below was shot with 50 consecutive rds. of RWS Subsonic or Norma Subsonic [which is made by RWS], I don't recall which one it was. The rifle was a Kimber Hunter Silhouette I bedded in a Kimber Varmint stock and the distance was 50yds. The black portion of the target is 1 1/8" across. This is rifle is fun to shoot but not the most accurate one I own, so hence a flyer or 2 which could have been the shooter. If I was to shoot 50 rounds at one target again I would adjust the poi to be above or below the center of the black. It became a guessing game with the center gone. Ignorance on my part. blush grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][/quote]

Are you referring to RWS SSHPs or RN?

I had a 453 for a while, after a 455 was kinda disappointing. It would put both the SSHPs and Aguila Rifle Match (the old gold and black box) regularly into the 4s, sometimes the 3s. I talked myself into selling it to buy something else, also now gone. Too soon old, too late smart.

My current 455 in SS lies somewhere in the middle of the previous ones. It's decent as a hunting rifle, and has the best trigger of the three, right out of the box. This one will stick, unless it gets gifted to a grandchild perhaps. Pretty busy now, but need to give it another go with some of the good stuff.

Aguila Match has been good enough to merit a try, if for no other reason than the Eley priming has that peculiar odor that might make the other boys at the range.think you're using the real deal.

One of the dot shooters bought a 457 in the At-One stock. He had me fire a 5-shot group with it yesterday. Result: one elongated hole with a lot of SV that's been especially good for him. Don't want to tote that one in the woods, but they really did the new action up right. Very solid, good trigger, and all the stuff we've carped about with previous models fixed. The At-One stock in brown looks much better in person than the fancy-colored ones they show in the Boyds ads.

What fresh Hell is this?