Originally Posted by Paul39
How can a shooter test each of those factors while ignoring the effect of the wind? Unless the shooter tests under ideal conditions of no wind or mirage, if such exist, or in a tunnel which few of us have access to?

In reality, most shooters tend to ignore the wind, thereby confounding their results. That is what we're talking about here.

Paul

No one is saying ignore the wind, it’s actually the opposite. You try to minimize the effect as much as possible by testing loads on calm days or early in the mornings and late afternoons. We’re talking about load development. Not Just shooting when you have to regardless of conditions. Any bncherester or precision shooter will tell you that you don’t test loads on windy days.

Respectfully, if you don’t get it, nothing I or anyone else can say will make any difference so there’s no point in getting into an argument over it. You do it your way and I’ll do it mine.

The real point is we all enjoy shooting and that’s why we’re here. Have fun and I’ll do the same...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 11/13/19.