shortfinger,

Blood content has little (I would say nothing) to do with "gamy taste." Either wet or dry aging will work fine (we have used both for many years) as long as the temperature is right.

That said, many Americans prefer their red meat comparatively bland these days, probably due to fast food. Wet aging generally results in blander meat, while dry aging concentrates the flavor, because of some liquid loss. One sources suggests as much as 5% in the first 24 hours, even in field-dressed carcasses with the hide left on--which is pretty close to what we've seen in our own experiments. (Eileen bought an 800-pound freight scale several years ago, in order to test various stuff.)

Wet-aging does indeed work--but is enhanced adding some salt. But dry aging works very well too--if you can control the temperature. Killed my biggest bull elk in early November a decade ago, after it had time to gain some weight after the rut. It was about 10 years old, but the flavor was fine. (It generally is, post-rut, when they're gaining weight.) The problem was toughness, even though the carcass was broken down after rigor mortis.

As a test, we cut about a foot-long piece of backstrap, and every couple of days cut a 1-inch slice off and fried it medium-rare. After 14 days it suddenly became much easier to slice--and far more tender when cooked. It was not as tender as a young cow or bull, but definitely quite edible,

One of the points of SLICE OF THE WILD is that wild animals are not a "consistent product," like 2-year-old, corn-fed steers. There are several ways to turn all kinds of wild game into tasty meals, due to that variation.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck