Originally Posted by Mule Deer
shortfinger,

Blood content has little (I would say nothing) to do with "gamy taste." Either wet or dry aging will work fine (we have used both for many years) as long as the temperature is right....

One of the points of SLICE OF THE WILD is that wild animals are not a "consistent product," like 2-year-old, corn-fed steers. There are several ways to turn all kinds of wild game into tasty meals, due to that variation.

There a a lot of opinions about what constitutes "gamey" taste and what causes it. So many so, it probably deserves its own thread. But, that is why I mentioned the blood in the meat as only one of the possible factors that can contribute to it. As other in this thread have mentioned, other things, like fat and bone can also contribute to it as well as what the animal was doing when the shot was taken and how it died, mostly attributed to the amount of adrenaline in the animal. Lots of opinion, discussion, speculation, and myth on that subject for sure. Proper handling of the meat as discussed here has to play a BIG role too. Good discussion here, and I find it interesting that folks have varied ways of doing it, but getting to the same point...tender delicious game meat.