I do not hunt with llamas. I have a one time limited knowledge of llamas. I went on a backpack trip with a guy who had four llamas. There were eight of us on the trip.

Before the trip, I thought that I was going to be able to put my backpack on a llama and just carry a daypack. I thought that a llama could carry two backpacks, one on each side of the crossuck. Like a horse, only smaller. I was wrong.

Well that's not how it turned out at all. The llamas had to carry so much stuff to feed, maintain and care for the llama and to keep them from running away that there wasn't much room left for anything else. I ended up carrying my backpack for the whole trip. No big deal because that's what I'm accustomed to. The experience was disappointing.

In addition we had to spend about two hours in the morning and two more hours in the evening packing/unpacking, maintaining, setting up highline ropes, feeding them, etc. They definitely were not a positive addition to that trip. The llamas were a hindrence.

RockChuck is a real expert on a lot of things outdoor related. So I suspect that he has a much better klnowledge of how to make eveything work.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.