if scope size isn't marketing then why are companies offering 34, 35 and even 40mm tube scopes? Some of which weigh in excess of 3 pounds. a 30mm nightforce NXS has been shot with a bullet, run over by a truck, used in real war situation and is 30 oz. but the hubble telescopes being sold are 3 + pounds and have 34-40mm main tubes. Look at burris XTR, 34 mm main tube but has less internal adjustment than a 30mm nightforce NXS. that scope is 34 mm for one reason and one reason only, marketing. yes the bigger is better mentality is real.

long range hunting scopes don't sell, believe me I hate it!! huskemaw, stupid name, great scopes but not many uses them, john burns sold a modded leupold years ago, G7 optics, have moved into other things besides long range hunting scopes. FFP scopes and these massive tactical scopes are what the high end market wants. we can get mad all day long but at the end of the day you or I will be in the same camp as the people that say why don't more companies offer a fixed 6x scope.