Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
you guys are funny, one word MARKETING. keep in mind the scopes you and I would buy aren't really what might be the best selling. In fact I bet they wouldn't be. lets establish first that a scope that is good at accurate adjustment also needs to cost more money, We should be able to agree on that. keep in mind that there is the cost to make the scope, distribute and market the scope, and finally retail sell the scope. you have 3 pieces to the pie that a product must have taken from it in the marketplace. All of those levels need to make money. I have someone in my family that took a company you could have heard about public. he told me you need 6:1 cost to retail value at the least and 10:1 is way better. That means a scope that costs $600 retail, it can't cost more than $100 for it to be made.

I wonder how cc explains a $499 SWFA 3-9x HD?

I just bought one and it arrived today in fact!!! oh you just wait, I am waiting for the video equipment to show up and we are going to put that baby on a tall target and see what happens. if it's a joke like the 20x was, we are going to know it. I still don't like the reticle on the lowest power. but didn't get a chance to check it in low light, but I am thinking I will be disappointed. It really needs to be bumped up to 5x or so for best visibility.