Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by dan_oz
I only neck size, and I do like the Lee Collet dies for the purpose. We had a bit of a discussion on the subject a couple of years ago: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12428682/1

For a hunting rifle, I'd use Lee collet dies as long as there are no chambering problems for the simple reason that along with getting very straight necks, no lube is required. That matters when you sit down to load 500 rounds of .223!

Absolutely. Faster and not as messy.

$20 gets you 99% there with no mess or fuss. Life is good! Brass life is unbelievable. Accuracy is superb. What's not to like?

For $300, a lot of mess and fuss, and triple the reloading time you can improve your groups by 1/4" at 500 yrd's though. Neccassary if your a competition benchrest shooter, insane amount of work if your loading for a hunting rifle IMO.

If useing Redding bushing dies you also need to turn necks to realize your best concentricity because unlike the Lee Neck Die the bushing die sizes the neck from the outside rather than the inside.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field