Originally Posted by hanco
I full length size because I have multiples in many cartridges. I have five 7 mags. There is no way I’m keeping separate loads for each rifle. I have four 06’s, four 308’s, on and on, I’d go crazy.

Do you all that have multiples of the same caliber, load for each rifle?

I have six 270W's. I treat each one as a individual, and have separate sizing dies for each one. Over the years it seems I've accumulated enough dies to find at least one that will size concentrically. Two of the 270's are custom bbls, one has a bbl that has been set back a thread and rechambered with a shortish throat. Although those three I can PFLR with expanders that I have polished down for the amount of tension I want and minimal working of the brass, plus get runout under .003. Although on one I've gone to the LCD because it also produces low runout and is quicker to size brass with. The whole idea of handloading is to custom tune the ammo to the rifle. Each rifle is an individual.

For three 243's the brass I'm currently using a Redding Nk die produces the least runout--even better than the LCD. But I did have one lot of brass that the LCD did better.

Regardless of rifle, chambering, or brass, when rounds become hard to chamber it's also time to anneal and bump the shoulder back. Currently I get lowest concentricty with either Redding FL, or Nk dies in conjunction with Redding body dies, or LCD, and Forster seaters. Although I use a Redding seater for my 243AI.

As an added note to this thread, All five of my LCD's would not produce enough neck tension to securely hold a bullet with the standard mandrel. I've had to go to the undersize mandrel and with three of them sand down a mandrel to get the tension I wanted. So my experience has been LCD's are not ready to go out of the box.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.