I have more rifles in .223 / 5.56 than anything else.

The night before last, I was doing a little load development work for the ones I equip for night hunting. Since I have several rifles chambered in .223, I have numerous sizing dies...one is FL, some are body dies, one is conventional FL, and I have my Lee Collet neck die...all wrapped up in a Forster die box. They are very roomy. So I reach up on the shelf to put away a 5.56 die I had been using and the box slips out of my hand. The box lands on the bench and stuff bounces everywhere.

"Dammit. $#^#&$#*!&$!!!"

I put everything away...or at least I THINK I put everything away.

I come home after work the next afternoon and decide I need to refill my humongous mug with water. I pour it into the kitchen sink to clean it out, and I hear tink tink clank tink. I see a dummy .223 case in the sink and I retrieve it. This is one I use for checking distance to the lands for seating purposes. But I am certain one of the "tink" noises is something else, and now whatever it is can be found in the trap of my kitchen sink.

No problem, thinks I. I'll just use a cheap USB cam I'd bought several years ago to see if there's actually something in my kitchen sink drain. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the head of that little bastard through the drain guard or whatever the hell you wanna call it. My solution is to use my Teslong borecam to see what lurks in the trap of my kitchen sink drain. Nice to have tools.

So then I discover that I do not have an adapter to connect the Teslong to my phone...no! It CANNOT be that easy.

Being unstoppable, I grab my laptop to connect to the Teslong because I'll be damned if I'm going to let whatever it was that went down the drain end up in the septic system because I know there's not a chance in hell it won't end up in the sprinkler pump and destroy it.

Old laptop had not been turned on in a year and a half, I guess...maybe longer. Don't recall. All I know is the SOB won't boot. After screwing around with various charging Power Supplies (I have three for that computer), I discover I am pushing the wrong button to try and make it boot up. On ly fifteen minutes wasted there, so no big deal.

The bastard finally boots up. I connect my borecam to it, and nothing happens. WTF now?? I start screwing around with the camera app, and I can't get that to work either. After another ten minutes I realize that the laptop's camera lens is covered with a cool little device that keeps your laptop from spying on you.

The borecam still won't work.

So now I am off the Teslong's website, looking for a driver or whatever I might need to look down that stinkinass drain. But I've got no WIFI connection. I fork around with that for a while until my wife hears me ripping cabinets off the wall and throwing them out the kitchen window (figuratively). She walks in and asks me if I'd remembered the little external swith in the laptop that turns the WIFI on and off. Well, heel no, of course I didn't tremember that.

Now I'm on my way because I can download the executable I need to make the Teslong work. Halle-freekin-lujah, I finally got it and I fire up the Teslong and poke it down the drain. Can't see schidt, the trap is full of water.

So now I'm on my back removing the trap under my kitchen sink, aand without breaking all the plumbing underneath te kitchen sink I manage to get the trap off. I empty it onto a paper towel, What did I recover? A freekin spare RCBS expander button. That's it. All that hassle over a two dollar part. Had I been aware I would have chanced the septic sprinkler pump.

Since I cannot possibly remember all the odds and ends in my die boxes, I guess maybe it's time to pare down my .223 rifles. But, nah. THAT ain't gonna happen.

Okay...so maybe I should just simplify and FL size everything...crazy talk, right there.

Maybe just being conscientious and avoiding clutz-hood would go a long way.

Merry Christmas!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.