I have a 260, and would never have bought it, but my wife wanted a pig gun and I had a buddy that practically gave me a Ruger Compact in 260. She changed her mind on shooting pigs, so I took it over and really liked the cartridge. I never once considered needing high BC heavy for caliber bullets. For hunting, I didn’t need that, so I went with the 120 gr Ballistic Tip. Then, along came the 6.5 CM, with a case designed to better handle the high BC bullets. Well, the fact that it will better handle the high BC bullets didn’t change my needs or thinking at all. Fact is, if you aren’t shooting long range, but are a hunter, why shoot slow heavy bullets? I grew up with a 270 and 130 gr Nosler bullets at 3000 FPS, and that trajectory is hard wired into my brain after 40 years with the 270. So that’s what I wanted from the 260, and a 120 gr BT gets me close in my 20” barrel. That said, I did mention earlier that I sometimes use the 100 gr Ballistic Tip, and that bullet hits like a lightening bolt, and I’m not sure there’s any advantage in using the 120 gr version. And recoil is very low.

If I just had to have a 140 gr bullet, I’d go back to my 270 (@ 3000 FPS).

Just my opinion...