Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by GregW
Some of you guys need to get out of your "it doesn't make sense to me in my little world so it can't be" mindset....

Agree...Don’t give a fûck either way whether Form embellished on the amount sweat held inside his sleeping bag in the morning. How high or fast he said he and his crew climbed a mountain.

A couple years ago Form had a post where he and another instructor were unloading ammo cases which were held within wooden crates. I don’t remember the exact amount, but it was tonnage. IIRC the massive ammo delivery was for 1 month of student and instructor shooting.

Aside from Form’s bias against most scopes for mechanics except for SWFA, NF, older S&B’s and Bushnell’s - did he provide more help or harm to other members?

Take away the major butthurt some scope owners had over Forms extreme bias against a certain manufacturer. He was always approachable and responsive to PM’s asking for detailed information on the why’s, how come, and comparison on gear. From there it’s up to the member who sent the PM to him to decide if the information was helpful or painful.

This thread was generated because of another thread calling Form out directly...I can’t remember reading where Form ever came to anyone’s rescue who was being thrashed rightfully or wrongly across any of the shooting/hunting forums.

I figure he was here more of a courtesy to provide assistance to members who were interested in what he was writing about. Or doing threads covering information he was said to receive a lot of requests from member to explore and explain in detail via PM’s

I guess the last acid test, at least for me, is could Form run a scope? Understanding the correction for MOA and Mils. Applying shooting solutions for distance, wind, and variants known to unlock a proper shooting solution? I assume yes, because there’s a lot of members who can run a scope properly and a rifle that’s married to it who never seemed to challenge his information. So, again, yes, IMO Form had gained skills that were apparently learned through military training, possibly as a Army Sniper based on a picture he once posted of himself.

Does being a former military sniper make someone an expert? Idk, but if the member is still involved in a community of shooters as full time employment. An average person could assume he’s not behind the Bell Curve as most, who shoot weekends, once a month or year for that matter.

This entire beat down came about because a member got major redass over his beloved scope manufacturer being called essentially junk...

Can’t everyone understand that a scope made by any manufacturer will likely kill something, at a reasonable distance, with a set/forget scope?....Especially for guys who can’t run turrets, and typically kill animals 120yards or closer, of course most scopes can and will do that job. It’s proven by millions of guys who use all different types of set/forget scopes that cost between $29.99 to whatever price someone will pay.

The bias Form always took up was usually on the mechanical capabilities, and a scopes long term integrity over the course of it’s lifespan...He would use lifespan based on the number of rounds fired before the scope showed failure rates of X, Y, or Z.

I’m not defending Form. I’m just suggesting that he provided more benefit than harm, and if his harm was embellished remarks about the brutality of a hunt, then those who’ve done those type of hunts are probably capable of calling BS and are free to do so, and shouldn’t be slammed for it...That would be up to Form to defend his statement.

But to blow a guy up because he doesn’t like an optic you’re married to because it works for you, especially when that scope has failed many others is chicken shît. and even more so if the individual can’t run a turreted scope which is where the majority of Forms unflattering criticism has been directed.

😎

Great post Mark !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"