Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Ill tell you one thing that Highway between Baggs Wyoming and Craig Co has to have more deer per sq mile than any other stretch in the country.

In late 70's and early 80's, I bet that stretch between Gillette and Broadus would give your statement a run. I was making a Denver to Miles City RT run about once a month then, usually into the wee hours when northbound, and it was nothing to see 300 deer in that stretch, most of them just in the headlights. Didn't get much better Broudus to MC.

Score was Dodge Duster totaled, no deer injured.... Buck came out of the roadside grass about hood high, and I instinctively twitched the wheel, breaking loose the back end ( 55mph- down because of deer, from 75 I usually drove. Back end broke loose and I was going backward, doing fine until the left rear wheel went off the pavement into dirt. All she wrote.

Kemmerer, Wy to Sage Junction, Wyoming (25 miles) used to average 600+ deer kills per year, prior to high fencing and tunnels beneath the roadway. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024