Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
[quote=pete53] if your post is directed with a negative post about me ? here`s my answer to you: the 35 Whelen is a commercial cartridge and i have a 35 Whelen in a real nice Ruger #1 they are worth plenty. 338-06 is great wildcat cartridge that has not been made as a commerial cartridge but rifles rechambered in a 338-06 don`t have near the value for resale, but 338-06 is a good wild cartridge, will i ever hunt with either probably not. when i need a bullet that size to hunt with i will use either my 338 Win. Mag. or one of my 375 H&H rifles. >maybe reread what i posted and try and be more positive bobby.

Not really a wildcat. It was legitimized by A-Square, SAAMI standardized it, WBY chambered a rifle in it, and you can get factory ammo for it. The only downside is as far as I know there are no production rifles currently made for it.

Probably a better round for a Loony who reloads.

That’s me and a host of Fire contributors.

Would not be my recommendation for a casual shooter who buys ammo at a big box store.

>>> very good answer and your right 338-06 is better for a loony,maybe someday i will find a 338-06 that i can play with. i do plan on going bear hunting this fall 2020 and i have not decided for sure what to use ? maybe just my simple 30-06 BLR ? 350 Mag. Savage ? Ruger #1 375 H&H ? Savage 99 284 Win. ? or maybe just my old reliable killer Ruger #1 in a 257 Weatherby Mag. yes >Loony`s have many decisions on what to use & when to switch ? what handload to build for what cartridge ?

A Loony's work is never done... grin

DF

Amen!

Arcus Venator