Originally Posted by readonly
I will need to buy a new tractor in the next few years. I have a 50-60 year old small John Deere. I want to get something that is 4 wheel drive, can pull a batwing...so that's at least 70 HP. Would like a loader to clear the driveway in snow, etc.

I don't need a lot of bells and whistles but would probably like a cab. And will probably get something closer to 100 hp.

I'm not a farmer and don't know much about tractors. From looking around on youtbe the Case IH seem pretty nice.
It's more the model than the make and it's even more about the year. If you're buying new, you're getting the absolute worst as far as complication, but it is NEW. Case and NH are owned by the same outfit and are very alike, as in Chevy-GMC. In any given model or year the Deere MIGHT be as good or better but will almost always be higher. There is a reason CNH is the top seller globally. Green paint is evidently much more expensive. To me, these are the only three competitors and the Case vs. NH is pretty much which color you like best...other than the dealers. A good dealer is worth a lot, especially on a new machine. Anymore, you may be in an area that has only one dealer, so it may be best to just go with that rather than drive a hundred miles for a $10 part...if there are any $10 parts anymore.

Kubota also has their following. I'm not hot on them though.