Originally Posted by readonly
I will need to buy a new tractor in the next few years. I have a 50-60 year old small John Deere. I want to get something that is 4 wheel drive, can pull a batwing...so that's at least 70 HP. Would like a loader to clear the driveway in snow, etc.

I don't need a lot of bells and whistles but would probably like a cab. And will probably get something closer to 100 hp.

I'm not a farmer and don't know much about tractors. From looking around on youtbe the Case IH seem pretty nice.
HP will depend on the size of the batwing you'll obtain.. Case-IH are fine.. So is JD.. So is Kubota.. Which is sold from your closest/nicest dealer?

I've driven "red" since I was 5 years old; bought my first (of five) IH tractors in the '70s.. Loved 'em all. But in '11 I bought my first JD compact 4120. Loved it, but it was just a tad small, but the real issue was the loader - that model only rose to about 7'6"... I needed more height.. In '15 or '16 I traded it for a JD 3039R and the H165 loader.. Now it can rise to over 11' and I have 10 more HP to work with.. Best tractor I've ever owned to date..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload pic

Last edited by Redneck; 01/27/20.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!