Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by wabigoon
In this part of Iowa, we see more of the big blue New Hollands, I'm told they are much cheaper than a Deere.
They ought to be cheaper. I have 2 different neighbors that own TL90 New Hollands and they hate them and recommend never buying New Holland. There is always something amiss with those tractors. My 40 year old Ford 5600 keeps chugging along. If I was buying new it would be Deere, Kubota, or Mahindra. Not Case or New Holland.

I've had a NH TL80 for about 10 years. It's the same as a TL90, just a 80HP engine instead of a 90 one. It's been a good tractor, all I've done is to replace the hydraulic pump, which is a fairly simple fix. There are some New Order Amish who live around here, and they are allowed to drive tractors on the highway, just as we use our cars and trucks. They always have highway tractor in addition to their farm tractors, and that's all they use it for. For some reason, they really love those TL90's, and they are a very popular tractor with them.

The only new tractor I've ever bought was a 5600 Ford, and I had it for 20 years before it burned up. I put over 7500 hours on it, and spent only a couple of hundred dollars for repairs. Best one I ever owned.