Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by wabigoon
In this part of Iowa, we see more of the big blue New Hollands, I'm told they are much cheaper than a Deere.
They ought to be cheaper. I have 2 different neighbors that own TL90 New Hollands and they hate them and recommend never buying New Holland. There is always something amiss with those tractors. My 40 year old Ford 5600 keeps chugging along. If I was buying new it would be Deere, Kubota, or Mahindra. Not Case or New Holland.

Those old Fords are great tractors, like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep on keeping on.

A friend worked as a mechanic for the local Levee Board. They run tractors and cutters, maintaining miles of levees.

Levee Board had bought some Massey Ferguson tractors on bid. Bud said those were always in the shop. Perkins diesel engines were great but.transmissions and PTO parts weren't robust, didn't hold up,

Levee Board quickly learned how to write bid specs to eliminate MF as a vendor. You reckon their requests for proposals specified green tractors...??

Anyway, however they did it, they ended up with JD's and didn't have those issues.

DF