Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'd look at four brands..............Deere, Case-IH, New Holland, and Kubota, and see which one I liked the best, then price them. Any one of those brands will do the job. I run New Holland's, have 3 of them, a 115HP, 80HP, and 45HP. Never had a problem getting parts if I needed them, and have had good service out of the tractors. If I were looking to buy a new one tomorrow, NH is where I'd look first. But, that's mostly because I have ran blue tractors for 45 years, starting with Ford's.

John Deere has always been the most popular brand, and there's good reasons for that. The resale values of most models of JD make them a very good investment. But, the others aren't really all that far behind. One thing to keep in mind.......today's tractors are not going to be easy for the average person to work on themselves. So, unless you're bent on buying a new one, I'd take a serious look at a good, clean, low hours, used one. A tractor like that will last a long time, and do just as good a job as a new one.

I'm fixing to have to get a Compact Track Loader to clear about 100 acres of land, by pulling and pushing brush (mostly yaupon) out from under majestic live oak trees, to make the land useful again. I'll also have to deal with frequent downed big oak trees from Hurricane Harvey thrown into the mix...

A small, girly CTL just won't be up to the job.

I'll probably be buying a new New Holland. They are made in Kansas, USA too! smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Look into those brush grubing forks that the ASV use. I would think that a combination of the grubing fork graple on a tracked unit would be ideal.